Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Working on a purple Minion

Good Morning!

So this Wednesday I am working on a purple Minion.  You know what a minion is, right?  Those adorable little yellow guys from Despicable Me.  So, if you've seen the second movie you know exactly what I'm talking about.  I haven't gotten super far on him yet but here are the pieces I've gotten so far.
This is the main body piece.  My boys were happy to see I have part of the pants on.


I have one arm finished and am currently working on the second arm.  I'm hoping the length is good.  The purple minions have longer arms.  

This is what I'm planning to use for the hair.  I didn't like the idea of using just regular yarn so I found this.  It's Lion Brand Romance

So that is what I'll be working on today.  Once that is finished I have a HUGE blanket to get back to as well as start an afghan.  Here is the current blankets progress.  It's about 119" wide.  I had to start over completely because my count was off on the original and my edges wouldn't stay straight.  I'm about 8 rows in with this one and so far so good.  I think I got my numbers right.


I also want to add that during the month of January, 10% of all orders (on both pages) will be donated to the Lymphoma Research Foundation.  After a count, I found that Neezy had collected just over $40 to donate.  I then asked for just a few more donations to reach $45 and I would add $5 to make it $50.  Well, I received two more orders yesterday!  If both are paid before midnight on the 31st I will have collected $46.90 which I will round up to $50!  Thank you all for your orders, I REALLY appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment