Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Entering the Blog World

So here I am, blogging.
I'm not sure how long this will last.  Honestly, how long can I blog about jewelry and crochet?    Maybe a couple blogs or, who knows, maybe I can get in one at least once a week.  We shall see...

So for starters I suppose I could start with a bit of an introduction of sorts.  A bit of who I am, what I do and why.  

Let's begin:
My name is Sabrina, I'm 27 and live in Virginia.  I am a SAHM to three little boys.  I've been at home since I was pregnant with my oldest.  It seems that this is what I do best.  :-)  I've always enjoyed being crafty.  I love to learn to do things and then be able to hold something and say, "I made that!"   At some point I picked up a couple kits to make earrings and bracelets.  I lacked the proper tools but I did it and ended up with some cute earrings which I gave out as Christmas gifts to my pen pals.

A couple years later I found a few pairs of earrings that hadn't been gifted.  I then decided to take some quick pictures to share with some friends.  Well, I was told that I should try selling them.  So I tried, and they sold! YAY!  So then I decided to reveal my simple hemp knotting talent.  And that stuff sold too!   And that is when it was decided that I would make and sell jewelry.  eSpecially You. was born <3  The name had come from another project I had wanted to start.  That story will come at another time.

On to my crochet half.  That came a little, but not much, later.  My mom had taught me how to crochet when I was around 10 years old.  I couldn't really get past the starting chain though.    It wasn't until years later (after I got married) that I gave it another shot.  I got past the chain and managed to make 3 blankets.  Two of those were small baby blankets.  Then later, I got adventurous, and made a really big striped blanket for my oldest son.  It took awhile and sadly, was very lopsided, but he loves it.  Then I wanted to get past the basics and do more.  I decided to make a giraffe for my youngest.  So I searched online for a pattern and made one.  It wasn't the prettiest little giraffe but I made it!  So again, wanting to share my work, I showed my friends.  They once again encouraged me to sell what I made.  And so along with jewelry I started offering crochet items as well.  After realizing that the crochet items were going to do better than I had originally thought I decided it was time to separate the two and that's when Neezy was born :-)  Story behind that name will come later, along with eSpecially You.'s name story.

In a way, making and selling things is great for me.  I absolutely love doing things for people, making people happy, and gifting.  I've had the opportunity to make some beautiful pieces of jewelry that were given as gifts.  I've crocheted toys that were cuddled by a sick child.  I've donated jewelry and crochet items to charities and auctions and I've made items to give as gifts.  I love doing this and appreciate all the business I receive.  I'm not earning enough to help out my family financially but enough to keep doing what I love.  Thank You all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment