Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Lockets

So I like to buy mix bags of beads.  By doing that I get lots of new beads to try out. Which is great because I can try things before buying a bunch. And I also get the chance to see new beads that I would never have thought to buy.  Sometimes I get things like ear wires, head pins and pendants.  Well, my most recent mix bags included lockets!  I've always liked lockets, although I've never had one with a picture in it.  I just like them, they're pretty and such a sweet idea.  So when I pulled out multiple heart shaped lockets from this bead mix I was so excited!


But what should I make with them?  Of course a necklace would need to be made, because that's pretty much how people always wear lockets but... what else could I do?  A bracelet perhaps?  The locket could hang as a charm from the bracelet.  These aren't huge lockets anyway and so yesterday while trying to stay awake ( Neezy doesn't like his bed, he prefers mine...) I decided to put some jewelry together.

So here is the necklace idea I came up with:

It's on a thin snake chain.  I added a 6mm bicone Swarovski crystal in aquamarine.  That just happens to March birthstone.  And then I added a small flower charm too.  I think it came out quite lovely.  The chain is unfinished right now, I haven't settled on a length for a necklace like this.  Or I may change the chain type.  I haven't fully decided yet.

And then there is a bracelet idea:

This is made with glass pearls.  It has a toggle clasp and the locket it slightly off centered.    It is quite lovely in person.  Not sure if I will stick with the design, will have to wait and see how others like it.


And I HAVE to share a bit of art work.  Over the weekend, the tiny men and I were drawing pictures.  I drew a cute little owl and Neezy said he needed my paper.  I assumed he wanted to scribble all over it which is what he would normally do but instead he did this:

He drew an owl right next to mine!  I couldn't believe how awesome he did.  He's been drawing faces lately, adding eyes, nose and mouth.  He even draws hair for them.  But this owl was just spectacular!  Quite the artist my little Neezy is <3

No comments:

Post a Comment