Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sunshine and Beating Autism!

Good Morning!
I'm writing this from my deck :-)
The glare is beyond ridiculous, more like a mirror at this point but I'm not going to let that stop me.  Today is GORGEOUS!  Sunny skies (okay, a little cloudy), slight breeze and WARM!
Can you tell I'm excited???

On to some Autism talk.
Autism is a developmental disorder that appears in the first 3 years of life, and affects the brain's normal development of social and communication skills.  
Thank You, wikipedia.

Each year, for the past few years, I have been making simple beaded bracelets to help raise money for autism research.  One hundred percent of the money made from these bracelets goes to Beading to Beat Autism.
Beading to Beat Autism was started by a little girl living in Louisville, KY.  Her brother has autism and she wanted to help.  So with just a little bit of money she started making bracelets.  This grew into such a large thing.  So many people are helping her raise money!  That's where I got started.  I signed up for a kit, so that I could make bracelets too.  And after the 30 days was up I decided to keep going.  I'm still going.  I sell them year round but really talk about it during April.  These are just simple bracelets made on stretch cord.  Occasionally I'll add other beads to them also.  With a donation of just $3 you'll receive a bracelet as a reminder of your help.


Let me know if you'd like to help out by making a donation to Beading to Beat Autism!  

No comments:

Post a Comment