Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cold, warm, cold, warm, cold... warm?

Well, I suppose we can say that spring has officially arrived.  Sadly, spring seems to sneak out for a bit on the weekends.  Yes, it could be colder but...  I enjoy a week of 70+ degree weather only to find myself oh so cold when the temperature hits a high of mid 50's on the weekend!  We do all our best outside work on the weekends, why so cold?

So, it's a lovely day today, temperature creeping up towards mid 70's today which is awesome.  But guess where I am?  That's right, on my cozy couch corner writing to you.  I should be outside but I've blogged out there and it wasn't very easy.  The glare on the screen was blinding and it was just too nice to focus.  So here I am, sipping a Detox Drink (not too bad), baking bread and writing this post.  I can hear both Angry Birds and some other game in the background along with some road work.   Oh the glorious sounds of modern life, te he.

What am I working on this week?

Well... nothing, really.  I started to work on a monkey for my son but didn't make it any further than the head.  No motivation to work on it.  I'll get back to it, I promise.  Then I made a crochet friendship bracelet which, in my opinion, has a bit of a tie dye look to it.   I haven't made any jewelry lately other than that friendship bracelet.  I love making jewelry but my pre-made box is seriously a mess and I hate to add to it.  Want to buy a necklace?

Oh dear...
I think I broke the bread...
So while mixing bread, blogging and scrolling through Facebook I seemed to have let the bread mix too long.  So I added extra flour like normal but that didn't seem to go well because apparently it was too much.  The kids loaf of bread weighs a ton, hopefully it still turns out.  That's not the worst of it... I add sunflower seeds to the second loaf of bread, which I did... but it was still so tough so I added water, just a little (errr... a lot-ish) which made it super wet and gross so I tried to remedy that with some soy flour which turned it into something gross.  It's in the oven, lets hope I didn't ruin two loaves of bread or I may cry, seriously.

Here are a few pictures of some stuff I've made over the last week.
An "L" pillow (requested by my kiddo)

A shopping tote, because I love this fabric :-)

A lumpy elephant.  I don't love him.  Would you like him?

And I'd like to end with my current Facebook status:

So many people are worried about our children and their future. 
What we need to do is raise better children. Don't raise them to be harder or tougher. Raise them to love, to have empathy, kindness and heart.
If you want a better world, start at home.

*be the change you wish to see in the world - Gandhi*

No comments:

Post a Comment